Honest and dependable roofing contractors are rare, but you must find them. Choosing the right contractor is as important as having a sturdy roof over your head. That’s because it’s an investment of a lifetime.
You need a roof that can protect you, your family, and your belongings- all the time, and you want that roof to be within your budget, and this is only possible with the right roofers.
So that’s exactly why we’re here- to help you and all homeowners in choosing the right contractor.
We are Capital Roofing – the most trusted and dependable contractors in northeastern Oklahoma. In this blog, we’ve created global criteria to do a quality check on a roofer.
After you finish reading, it’ll be pretty easy for you to find the right roofing contractor in your area.
For that, you first need to understand what we actually mean by wrong and right contractors.
The Wrong Roofing Contractors
These are the roofers you should always avoid. They’ll show up with shoddy workmanship and no active license to work in your area. This simply means you are falling into a trap. Here are some downfalls of choosing the wrong contractor:
- Their work and warranties are not valid. Moreover, if you ever take things to court, they won’t be liable to pay you anything.
- If they are not experienced or qualified to do the job, you’ll end up in big trouble. Faulty installation and bad fixes will cause leaks and breaks quite often.
We hope you’ve understood who are the wrong ones and why you should avoid them. So let’s move on to the roofing contractors that are right for you.
The Right Roofing Contractors
These are the ones with an active license, competent skills, and abundant experience. Such roofers work with integrity and don’t take advantage of you.
- They will build a roof that can resist the intensity of all 4 seasons and a few accidents. This makes sure you and your family live under a safe and sturdy roof that won’t need repairs every month.
- Good roofers come with a guarantee of safety and quality workmanship. This means you don’t have to worry about replacements for years.
- The right roofing contractors partner with authentic financing companies that can make it easy for you to obtain and repay loans.
- They work according to the building codes and regulations of your area. This avoids safety issues, legal disputes, and trouble with insurance claims.
In short, the right roofers will look after everything- your budget, financing, time, and most importantly- your safety. It’ll be a hassle-free roofing experience for you.
So now, it’s time to go through the criteria for choosing the right roofing contractor.
Here is what you need to do:
Meet Them In Person
Before you make a decision, always meet the roofers in person. Discuss your project with them, ask about more options and everything else that comes to your mind.
- Honest contractors will be happy to offer you a free consultation.
- They’ll answer all your questions with honesty.
- Their team will meet and greet you as soon as possible.
- If you would like, they will give a free roof inspection on-site.
- You can also ask them for an estimate.
Double-Check Their Qualifications
This is the first and foremost thing to verify in a roofing company or contractor. That’s because it’s illegal to run any business without a license.
Here are the eligibility criteria to become valid roofing contractors:
Everywhere, roofers need to get a license from their government. In Oklahoma, they need to obtain a General Contractors License from the Construction Industries Board. Their work is valid only after they undergo a successful registration. During the process of licensing, they need to submit insurance documents, study roofing courses and take exams.
That’s how they qualify to work on your roof- which is of grave importance.
Generally, contractors need to get two insurances.
- Workers’ compensation insurance
- General liability insurance
Without these, they will not be able to get a roofing license.
This is a vital piece of document for you. A bond is like a safety deposit that makes sure the roofer is able to repay you in case of faults and court cases. When something like that happens, this bond is going to save you. And it’s a good thing that the roofer can only get a license if they submit the bond.
You can read more about it on the official website of Oklahoma state. Don’t give them a single thought to roofing contractors who are not licensed.
Don’t Rule Out Emergency Services
Storms, heavy rain, snow, or a fallen tree- if anything damages your roof, you need to repair it immediately. At that time, the right roofers will always come to your rescue- on priority. Make sure they provide these three emergency services:
Roof Storm Damage
You don’t want to wait for hours to hear back from your roofers. Figure out if they have a prompt service for storm damage repair or any similar emergency. When you have multiple leaks and your shingles are pulled out, the right roofers won’t waste a second attending to you. All you have to do is just make a call.
Other than damage repair, your roofing contractors should be able to provide an interim cover for your roof. Ask them whether they provide quick and efficient roof tarping service. This will leave no room for water and other elements to damage your roof till the time storm passes away and the roof is ready for repairs.
Insurance Claim Assistance
It’s downright risky and tough to manage the process of insurance claims from beginning to end. Some insurance companies may find out a thing or two that could point towards a lack of regular maintenance or roof cleaning. This way, you won’t be able to recover your insurance money on your own.
So, look for a roofing contractor that helps homeowners with insurance claims. It’s even better if they have tie-ups with financiers and other insurance companies. You will never have a hard time financing your home.
Look For Their Manufacturing Partners
Top-tier roofing materials add 5-stars to your roofer’s work. Discuss their manufacturing partners. If they work with premium manufacturers like GAF and Owens Corning, it’s a cherry on top.
- With world-class roofing material, you’ll naturally enjoy world-class benefits, like long-term product warranties.
- You also get an option to choose a lifetime manufacturer warranty.
- You don’t have to worry about roof replacements for years.
- There will only be a few repairs and replacements if it comes to that.
Learn All About Your Financing Options
What if you need a new roof, but you’re short on your budget? This is where financiers step in. Though there are lots of companies out there, things can get a bit rocky with third-party financiers. For example:
- Your home’s ownership means its equity. Many times, financing companies may need a part of your home’s equity in case of liability.
- They can increase the rate of interest anytime- which happens with most financing companies.
To skip the stress, look for roofing contractors who work with the industry’s best financiers. If they care for your money, it’ll show with the quality of their financing partners. And if they offer these services at no extra cost, it’s even better.
Figure Out The Estimate
Roofing is not just about repairs and new roofs. There are a few side jobs to cover, like tear-ups and clean-ups. Ask them to provide an estimate that includes each and every aspect of roofing.
- When can I get an estimate?
- Do you remove the old roof? Is that included in the estimate?
- Will you discard the extra roofing material?
- What are your charges for roof cleaning and maintenance?
If their answers satisfy you, you are good to go.
Do Your Homework
When you are finished discussing everything with the roofing contractors, do your own research. This will give a good idea about how they work and what people actually think about them.
- Look them up on google, yelp, BBB, and other credible websites. Go through their ratings, reviews, and achievements.
- Talk to their previous clients. Ask how responsive they are; and how much time they take to complete the tasks.
Based on these criteria, shortlist a few good roofing contractors. After that, you can compare them on the basis of their honesty, achievements, experience, distance, etc.
We Can Help You Get Started
If you are looking for roofing contractors in Claremore or nearby towns, we are here at your service.
At Capital Roofing, we handle your roofing project like no one else. We’ve been installing roofs and educating homeowners for more than 11 years now. Hundreds of homeowners trust our team and depend on us. Whether it’s a replacement or small repairs- we go above and beyond to improve your home.
Our clients have chosen us as the ‘Best of Claremore for 4 years straight’. If you want to discuss your project with us, you can call us at (918) 260-4075 anytime. We are open 24/7.